Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ice Racing on Collins Lake

Lake George Ice Races


This week I received a call from a representative of  Electric City Riders asking if we might consider permitting the winter use of Collins Lake for motorcycle races.  I now have to consider if they should bother to make an official presentation before the full village park board.  I don’t want them to waste their time if we think its completely unacceptable to the community.

I’m not sure I would have an objection to Sunday afternoon racing on the lake but I’m guessing that the opposition might be stronger than the support.  Might be fun to watch and would certainly bring folks into the village.  Think lake residents would object to the noise?

If you have an opinion feel free to click on “Comments” and let me know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. ICE RACES ARE FUN TO WATCH AND IT WOULD GIVE PEOPLE SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO DO ON A WINTERY SUNDAY. THE LOCAL MERCHANTS WOULD PROBLABLY MAKE OUT TOO.(Dunkin Donuts,Mobil,Stewarts,Etc.)

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home