Monday, January 10, 2011

Local Legend Jim Fisk leaves behind many smiles

The news today that Jim Fisk passed away brought back many great memories. Jim was best known for his time on the Freddie Freihofer Show shown daily on WRGB.

Click here for today video from channel 6.

Like many my age who grew up in the area I had the privilege of appearing on the local hit show and had my chance to squiggle.  Even today a memory hangs in our kitchen.

freihofer

If you needed bread of other delicious Freihofer baked goods you would hang the sign in your window.  The sign let the delivery man know to stop his horse or truck at your house. This is a special keepsake that my wife Cindi knew was special to many of us.

If you click on the photo you can see the larger size and perhaps you can pick me out. I’m the naughty one with his hands on his ears and tongue sticking out.

After his television career on Freddie Freihofer Jim went on to create the local company JIMAPCO. You’ll notice the JIMAPCO logo on most of the maps used in our area.

While my thoughts today are mostly all the great memories I had of Freddie Freihofer they’re also with Jim’s family and friends.

Thanks Jim!

Bill Pytlovany

5 Comments:

Anonymous Claudia G. said...

So many memories to those of us who were around at that time. My younger sister was on "Freddie Freihofer"...how well I remember. Such a nice man!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know who the kid is between Uncle Jim Fisk and you?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No I don't. Is it you?

I do know one of the girls in the front is Katie Sweeney.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you think it's you Email BillP@aol.com and I'll send you a larger version of the photo.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was on that show many times, many birthdays...whay great memories.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home