Schenectady County 2nd Annual Pedal – Paddle - Run
On Saturday, September 22, 2012, Schenectady County will host the second annual Pedal-Paddle-Run team relay race. The event is open to the public so even if you’re not an athlete you can come cheer on your favorite team. Residents should be aware of street closures between 8:30 AM and approximately 10:30 AM. Crossing streets will be at the discretion of police officers and/or volunteer flaggers. Please be patient for everyone’s safety.
Race starting lines and event headquarters will be located in Collins Park.
- 9:30 am – Kids’ Fitness Fun in Collins Park, near the pavilions (ages 13 and under); Bouncy-bounce, Face Painting, Chair Massages, Sports & Fitness Expo
- 11:45 am – Pedal Paddle Run Awards and Recognition
Pedal-Paddle-Run Bike Course (approx 7.5 miles)
Pedal-Paddle-Run Running Course 5K
The Scotia Police Department and the Glenville Police Department have issued the following streets closures/altered traffic patterns for the day:
- Vley Road in both the Village of Scotia and the Town of Glenville will be CLOSED TO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC between 8:30am and approximately 10:30am. Traffic will be allowed to cross Vley Road at the discretion of police and/or flaggers.
- Cuthbert Street in the Village of Scotia will be CLOSED TO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC between 8:30am and approximately 10:30am. Traffic will be diverted to Fifth Street, where vehicles will be allowed to cross Vley Road at the discretion police and/or flaggers.
- Washington Avenue between Sunnyside Road and Schonowee Avenue will be open to LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY between 8:30am and approximately 10:30am.
- Schonowee Avenue (between Mohawk Avenue and Kiwanis Way) will be closed to traffic beginning at approximately 8:30am, and will re-open after the running portion of the race is over, at approximately 11:00am.
- Motorists should be aware that bicyclists and runners will be using town and village streets; extreme caution should be exercised while the race is ongoing.
Kayak/Canoeing will be two laps around Collins Lake (approx. 1.6 miles)
Additional information about the race course, fees and rules of the race can be found on the Schenectady County website (www.SchenectadyCounty.com/ppr ), or you may call Wendy Voelker at (518) 388-4603. For more information about the street closures, please contact either the Scotia Police Department (518-374-3110) or the Glenville Police Department (518-384-3444)