Thursday, February 02, 2006

Kastberg for Mayor

Yesterday, I reported that Mayor McLaughlin announced he would not seek a third term as mayor. I saved today to report that current Village Trustee, Kris Kastberg has officially thrown his hat into the ring. Kastberg a Democrat won his seat on the Village Board in 2002 only 21 votes behind fellow trustee, Republican Nelson Austin.

Kastberg has been a village resident since 1982 and is a technology teacher at Scotia-Glenville High School.  The Scotia-Glenville Democratic Committee is expected to officially endorsement their candidate in March. Based on his record over the last 4 years, I expect Trustee Kastberg to be their top choice.

Update: 2/6/2006
 I discovered tonight that the headline of this entry was somehow mistaken for an endorsement of a candidate which is not the intention of this Blog. At least not at this time.  :) You’ll find links to the web sites of both parties by clicking on their names above. My official neutral policy was posted as my first Blog entry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home