Saturday, March 04, 2006

New Assessments Strike Terror

I’m not sure if it was planned for new assessments to arrive on a Saturday but I’m sure Monday is still going to be a busy day for Rosalie Fahey, our town assessor. Phone calls should however first go to Appraisal Consultants at 399–3852 or 399–8259 between 9 AM and 4 PM.

In some ways I’m proud that someone thinks my house is so valuable. After all, Scotia is the “Village of Fine Homes” but an increase of 85% on my property value may be a bit much.   I’m also pleased when we receive complements on our improvements.  I’m not sure having an assessment that is 50% greater than our purchase price of five years ago is warranted.

So, if you’ve received your assessment and think it may be a little off, you’re not alone. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home